Nick Solis is one of the founding members of One80 Realty, a real estate brokerage based in Brentwood, CA. Shortly after launching his company in 2015, he joined the T3 Fellows mentoring program for brokers. Here is his story.
After ten years as a franchise brokerage, Nick and his partner Ryan Evanson decided to launch their own brand. They knew it would be a significant undertaking, so for 18 months prior to launch they “beta tested” their company, defining their brand to their best understanding of their target audience.
They launched One80 Realty in April 2015. However, they quickly discovered that while they had experience running a franchise brokerage where there was a business model to follow, they needed help accelerating their own business model.
T3 Fellows was the perfect fit:
- First, it was a “no-brainer” to work with an organization like the Swanepoel T3 Group since they were a widely respected name in real estate research, knowledge and consulting.
- Second, Nick liked the approach of the program. “They didn’t try to make our business work like other businesses,” said Nick. “They customized the conversation to our needs, drawing specific parallels from others.”
- Thirdly, the collaboration within T3 Fellows is exceptional: a non-threatening think tank with like-minded brokers, it allowed them to openly share information with brokers in similar situations.
“T3 Fellows was a very powerful experience for us,” said Nick. “It exposed us to our blind spots. They saw everything, and it was what we needed to grow.”
One80 joined T3 Fellows in July 2015 and completed the one-year mentoring program the following July in 2016. This year the company is projecting:
- 400% growth in sales volume: from $15M to $60M
- 225% growth in agent team: from 4 to 13 agents
In addition, T3 Fellows helped them:
- Establish and streamline their platform. Using new technologies, they simplified and systematized processes.
- Prioritize their time: Nick said, “My T3 Mentor asked why someone worth $350 per hour was doing $15 per hour work. When I saw it that way, I realized we couldn’t afford not to hire an assistant.”
- Improve recruiting: “I used to hate recruiting, and I had bad results,” said Nick. “T3 Fellows helped us create a process, refining who to search for and how to talk to them. We’ve had fantastic results.”
T3 Fellows is evaluating applicants for its next group of inspired brokers in February. Apply now and see if you’re ready.